The urban heart of the Silicon Valley, San Jose is a city that fosters innovation and is home to some of the biggest names in tech today. Housing ranges from high-rise apartment living to traditional Victorian, Craftsman, and California Bungalows in the surrounding streets. The result of recent efforts to revitalize the downtown community, a variety of stellar dining and entertainment venues have emerged–including the popular San Pedro Square Market. There’s always plenty to eat, see, and hear downtown, with the San Jose Museum of Art, the Tech Museum, the Center for Performing Arts, Children’s Discovery Museum, and Plaza de César Chávez all within close proximity. A dynamic nightlife scene makes Downtown a hit for urban professionals, foodies, and sports fans alike. Downtown boasts the SAP Center, home of the San Jose Sharks ice hockey team–better get familiar with black and teal, you’ll be seeing a lot of it!
Neighborhood at a Glance
- Full of things to do!
- Home to a dynamic nightlife
- A diverse, high-tech mecca
- A quiet, family-friendly residential neighborhood
- An unsafe, industrial center
- Older vintage single family homes and high-rise apartments available
- An evolving market with big developments coming soon